[Pmwiki-users] Internationalization file, 1-Aug-2003

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Aug 1 01:32:32 CDT 2003

First, thanks to everyone who contributed to creating PmWiki
internationalizations!  The initial results are now available for
download from http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/Internationalizations .

I'm still trying to find the appropriate way to package the i18ns for
distribution.  Eventually this may become part of the standard PmWiki
distribution, but at the moment it's still the early phases of
development so I'm going to work with them as a separate package
until I get a better feel for the level of support/maintenance they
will require.

At present the i18n files still do not translate the output of the
Page Revisions (?action=diff) output, that part will require some
modification to the HandleDiff function to work.  If anyone has ideas
for a "language-neutral" mechanism for displaying page revisions it
could make things a lot easier.  :-)

There's still a lot that should be done for i18n.  Most of the prompts
have been translated, but it'd be really nice to have translations of
some of the standard PmWiki pages such as SearchWiki, EditQuickReference,
and UploadQuickReference.  On the pmichaud.com site I've created
WikiGroups such as PmWikiFr, PmWikiIt, PmWikiNl, etc. to hold the
translated versions of PmWiki pages--pages created/modified there will
automatically be migrated into future releases of the i18n package.

And, of course, if you'd like to contribute modifications/improvements
to the existing files, or if you'd like to see support for other languages,
feel free to contribute suggestions to the listserv, the PmWiki Development
section (http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development), or send me an email.

Thanks again to everyone who helped with translations and other suggestions!