[Pmwiki-users] Enforcing quotas on pmwiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Aug 1 12:43:23 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 10:08:40AM -0700, Kyle Banerjee wrote:
> We're evaluating different wiki clones and trying to identify one that
> meets our needs best. Is there a convenient way to enforce disk quota
> limitations for individual pmwikis? Thanks,

Wow, that's a loaded question.  Depends on how you're setting up
the pmwiki installation...are you thinking of havi a single pmwiki
installation and separate things by WikiGroups, or were you planning
to actually have multiple installations of PmWiki?

If doing multiple separate installations, then just give each installation
its own account and we can come up with a mechanism to enforce quotas as
a local customization.  If doing a single installation with multiple
WikiGroups (the way I normally do it), we'd have to develop a per-group
quota system--not terribly difficult and I can look into it, but it
just hasn't come up in development discussions yet.

Also, are you wanting to place quotas on just uploaded files, or the
wiki pages as well?  Keep in mind that the wiki pages do not tend to
consume a lot of disk space, on one of the academic wikis I manage we
have over 2500 pages that use a total of about 2.5MB of disk space,
for an average of 10K per page (including the page revision history).

Adding quotas for uploaded files is a feature I'm thinking will eventually
exist, but I haven't heard much demand for it as yet so I've been focusing
on other tasks.  When implemented, upload quotas would be available on a
per-group or per-site basis.

Hope this helps...