[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki localization ?

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Tue Aug 5 03:05:14 CDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:38:09AM +0200, Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 12:45:30PM +0200,
> > Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:
> >>

> > I thought about doing it this way but then decided against it.  I
> > don't
> > think that we should require non-English pages to retain English
> > titles.

Well, it was fairly easy for me to create a PmWikiIt group for the
italian localization. AFAIK the only pages which titles cannot be
translated are RecentChanges and AllRecentChanges. If we could
variabilize their names it could already be enouh, or am I missing
someting ? Consider that I'm fairly new to PmWiki, so I may well
be missing something (WikiTrails maybe?)

> To be honest, I am willing to contribute many German translations. But I
> hesitate to doing it without an imagination of the future direction.
>
> Even if we change that direction, it is less work to migrate one approach
> than to maintain multiple uncoordinated approaches.

These concerns certainly make sense to me. Consider however that the
major effort is typing the localized text. Once it's there then converting
it to a different approach may not be that much of an effort.

Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org