Bernhard.Weichel@t-online.de Bernhard.Weichel
Sat Aug 9 03:03:10 CDT 2003

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 10:47:35PM +0200,
> Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am again in the problem to safely handle contextual markup. Some
>> Wiki-Markup might be rendered e.g. as Table, Which must be opened
>> and closed appropriately. Beginning of June, we had ad discussion
>> that PmWiki should even markup paragraphs as <p> contents </p>
>> instead of <p /> contents. It is somehow the same problem.
>>
>> At this time I proposed, that PmWiki offers a "context stack" which
>> allows to keep track of opened HTML-elements and perform an
>> automatic close of those.
>
> PmWiki already has a context stack--that's how it manages
>>> -tables, lists, and paragraphs.  The context stack is handled
> (however poorly it may be) by the EmitCode function.

yes, it shows the approach. But it is somehow hardwired to definition lists
and tables.

http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users_pmichaud.com/2003-July/000848.htm

> I think I need to summarize the points raised in the linebreaks
> discussion first, and then I'll be ready to look at containerizing
> the <p> tags.

I missed this discussion because at this time I was at a business trip in
India
and also had changed my mail provider ...

As you might imagine, I definitely have comments to this topic and will add
it to
the thread there.

--bernhard