[pmwiki] [Pmwiki-users] Webmenu, FlexLayout, and CSS.

Robin robin
Fri Aug 15 03:20:40 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 11:04:26AM +0200, Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:
> This site is really cool. I am not sure if position=absolute works on
> any browser. But using <div> to group blocks is really great.
According to: http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_position.asp
it works in NS and IE 4+

> In this case, you probably should keep the entire layout in hardcoded
> php-files, which then can be included in the proper format strings:
Hmm, I was hoping you wouldn't say that :)
I'm liable to get myself into a lot of trouble with languages I don't
know :)

> Does that help in the right direction?
Yeah, maybe. I've attempted to simplify my approach some. I might drop
the patterning background. However now I still do want to get a space
between the two columns of the table...anyone know how do do that in
CSS?

If I feel adventurous I may try the other way you suggested :)

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663