[Pmwiki-users] Question regarding setup of webserver.

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Wed Aug 20 09:33:12 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 01:40:32AM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been setting up a PmWiki-site at http://wiki.lyx.org and going to
> these URIs work and all show Main.HomePage:
> 	http://wiki.lyx.org
> 	http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php
> 	http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage
>
> Unfortunately, I get an error 404 if I try this URI:
> 	http://wiki.lyx.org/Main/HomePage

For such things (and if you are using Apache) you need to set-up the
mod_rewrite rules appropriately. Have a look at the Apache documentation for
details.

> Do any of you know if this is possible to achieve? I've looked at about 20
> PmWiki-sites, and haven't found this to work anywhere.

Probably because they do not run just PmWiki but also other applications,
so having every URL rewritten to trigger PmWiki would not be appropriate.

> But it should be possible, a MoinMoin-site (http://wiki.dotgnu.org/), has
> this working fine.

Yes, but note that "wiki" in the host name, which probably means that
the relevant web server is dedicated to running a wiki.

Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org