[Pmwiki-users] Question regarding setup of webserver. (CORRECTED)

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Aug 21 08:22:38 CDT 2003

Hi

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>     AliasMatch ^/([A-Z].*) /file/path/to/pmwiki.php/$1

Just to be *really* sure: You tested this and it works so that you can
have URI's such as:
	http://wiki.somewhere.org/Main/HomePage

You said you tested it on a "local" server... could this break if you
aren't using a local server? (I mean if you were using file:// or
something, I'm not familiar with web-servers)

> > Note that Apache 2.0 installations still need to set "AcceptPathInfo On"
> > in order for this to work.

Is this relevant for the solution above?

Finally, given that the URIs above work, will the page links still be
represented as:
	http://wiki.somewhere.org/path/to/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

It would be cool if instead these links where represented as:
	http://wiki.somewhere.org/Main/HomePage

Anyway, once this all works, I'll be happy to add some comments about it
to the documentation. Including a note that this solution blocks access to
.html-pages where the first file part starts with a captial letter.

I take it that this documentation should go here?

	http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/ChangePmWikiURL

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44		http://www.md.kth.se/~chr