[Pmwiki-users] Odd edit box behaviour

E. Duncan Scott snark404+pmwiki
Thu Dec 11 13:10:06 CST 2003

What version of IE? I too am a Mozilla user, but I thought this worked
fine in IE.  Finals are wrapping up here, I'll take a look at this as
soon as possible.  It's probably just some CSS that needs to be fixed up.
 I never got around to making the whole thing as polished as I wanted to.

Winter break should give me some time to fix this up and publish a few
other add ons.

~duncan

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:32:02 -0500, PmWiki at ThunderBunny.org said:
> 	Many thanks to the folks who left notes in my SandBox. (The light grey text came with CSSLayout and is only
>
> in the SandBox so I've bothered to change it.)
>
> 	It appears that this is an Internet Explorer problem.  Other's reported the Opera and Firebird were fine.  I
>
> downloaded Firebird and it doesn't have the problem.  That's a shame as I
> really liked MyIE2's mouse gestures.
>
> 	If I figure out which bit of the CSS is broken I'll drop a note here.
> --
> Dave
> -----------------------
> If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
>

> pmwiki at ThunderBunny.org wrote:
>
> >   I've put in PmWiki on my personal web page (http://www.ThunderBunny.org/) and think it's fabulous.  Much easier
> >
> >to install and customize than PhpWiki and the markup is easier too.
> >
> >   I've implemented the CSSLayout from the CookBook (http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/CSSLayout) and
>
> it
> >
> >works fine except for the edit.  The edit box initially shows up fine and then as soon as I type something the box width
> >
> >expands to about 10 characters wider than the current window size.  I can resize the window but as soon as I start
> >
> >typing the edit box expands again. Feel free to try it for yourself.  It happens to me at home and work.
> >
> >http://wiki.thunderbunny.org/index.php/Main/WikiSandbox?action=edit
> >
> >   Here are the possibly relevant portions of my local.php.  I've played with default.css a little but don't see anything in
> >
> >there for input boxes.
> >
> ><?php
> >include_once("local/csslayout.php");
> >
> >$WikiTitle     = "Wiki.ThunderBunny.org";
> >$WikiImgUrl    = "http://www.ThunderBunny.org/images/bunny_likes_chicken_sm.gif";
> >
> > $BodyWidth     = "700";
> >$BodyLeft      = "20";
> >?>