[Pmwiki-users] AutoRedirect feature being tested

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Fri Jul 18 17:27:53 CDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 03:59:04PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I'm currently testing a page AutoRedirect feature and invite experimentation
> and comment at http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/AutoRedirect .
> The AutoRedirect feature allows a wiki author to automatically forward
> a browser to a different page, providing a note that the browser
> was forwarded.  This feature is likely to lead up to an eventual "page
> rename" feature to make it easier to rename pages.
>
> Comments and questions are welcome, either on the AutoRedirect page or
> on the listserv.

Just a couple of  things I noticed that I didn't see explicitly documented:
        * If there are multiple redirect directives in a page only the
          first one is used.
        * You can only redirect to wikipages within the wiki (i.e., you
          can't redirect to any random URL)

Regarding the features you mention on the wiki page, your implementation
seems spot on.

Oh, btw, on [[redirect:...]] vs. ReDirect:..., I prefer the former.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at cbi.tamucc.edu