[Pmwiki-users] printable-page not working

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jul 30 21:53:46 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 03:38:51PM +1200, Robin wrote:

> Can you tell me how to make the wiki use the
> ".../wiki/GroupName/PageName" notation, it looks quite nice.

It depends on the configuration of your server--PmWiki tries to use that
notation by default but if it decides that your server won't support
it then it uses the ?pagename= notation.

In order to use the .../wiki/GroupName/PageName notation your server
has to properly support the PATH_INFO environment variable (in Apache 2.0
this means adding "AcceptPathInfo On" to the httpd configuration), and
generally it means that PHP cannot be running as a cgi program--it needs
to be an Apache module or embedded in the server somehow.

You can find out which mode your server is in by setting $EnableDiag=1;
in local.php, then accessing a page with ?action=phpinfo and looking
at the "Server API" line.  If it says "cgi", you're probably stuck with
using the ?pagename= notation.  However, if it says anything else and you're
still getting ?pagename=, then let me know so I can study your system a
bit further.  :-)