[Pmwiki-users] Valid XHTML generation

Kirill Lapshin kir at lapshin.net
Wed Jun 4 19:44:25 CDT 2003

> Ah yes, good point.  I've changed the pmwiki-xhtml test site to use
> the text/xml MIME type so we can see its impact and get the advantage
> of having the browsers do syntax checking.
Well, it seems still using text/html mime.
Anyway, take a look on the test site, I posted few bug there. Basically
there are two bugs. One is simple -- tables have unquoted attribute values.
The other one is tricky -- multilevel lists and term-definition lists have
mismatched tags.

As far as wrap attribute of textarea problem goes, it never was standard on
first place; wrap='virtual' supported by IE only. Proper way is via CSS
white-space property. Maybe I am missing something but seems to me you are
using default wrapping behaviour.

Anyway, you did a great job! It's unbeliveable how fast you put together
quite solid xhtml generation. At this pace you'll fix all bugs by tomorrow!

I would still love to get your current code and start playing with it.
However if you are planning to release another beta with xhtml support some
time soon, I can wait.

> > I would suggest to use text/html by default but give user ability to set
> > mime type and DTD from local.php. For instance I would use text/xml mime
and
> > supply url to special MathML enabled DTD.
> Done.
Kewl.

> Yup, this is indeed the tricky part.  I think I've already covered at
least
> 90% of the cases--it's that other 10% I'm worried about, and for which I
> need help.  :-)

I would love to help, but all I can do without seeing the code is play a
tester role.

--Kirill