[Pmwiki-users] Error in indent sequence

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 5 11:33:33 CDT 2003

I'm very open for suggestions here.  You're correct, I had forgotten that
I'm reserving '=' for local customizations, so I can go either way on
this one.

I really like the ->, -->, ---> markup at the beginning of a line to mean
indented text, and I don't think that we'd be eating up a valuable markup
sequence by adding it to PmWiki.  It does add capability that doesn't exist

I might want to change the implementation slightly so that it's treated
more along the lines of the list block markups rather than via
InlineReplacements.  The difference would be most noticeable in things
like:

    # numbered item 1
    # numbered item 2
    --> indented text
    --> indented text
    # numbered item ?

If implemented via $InlineReplacements, the above would end the first
numbered list, have two blockquotes, and then start a new list with item #1.
If implemented as block markup, the above would cause the indented quotes
to be structurally part of numbered item #2, and it would all be enclosed
in a single numbered list (i.e., the last item would be #3).

I need discussion and votes on this from others--right now I see the
options as:
    1.  Don't add --> markup to PmWiki, leave it as a local customization
        (in this case I'll make it available via a scripts/ module and
        $EnableBlockquotes)
    2.  Add --> markup to InlineReplacements so that it's not structurally
        part of lists
    3.  Add --> markup as a block markup sequence so it's handled like lists
    4.  Use a markup sequence other than --> to indicate blockquoted text,
        such as ==>
    5.  Combinations of the above, or other ideas people may have.

Send votes and comments either publicly to the list or privately to me--I'll
collate the responses and publish the results.

Pm