[Pmwiki-users] mail script update

Tom Hoover tom-exp-1056073441.11f232 at hisword.net
Sat Jun 14 20:44:01 CDT 2003

As I've posted here previously, I've written a bash script that will
easily create a PmWiki page from email sent to a special email address.

I've updated to the script to timestamp and append entries when a
duplicate WikiPageName occurs, rather than creating a unique name.  In
addition to easily appending to existing pages, this will allow one to
keep a date/time stamped journal using only by email entries.

For example...

The first thing each morning, I'll send an email to mywiki at mydomain.com,
which will create a PmWikiPage named Tch/Journal-20030614.  Throughout
the day, I can send additional emails to the same address, and each will
be appended to the original journal page with a date/time stamp similar
to the following:

    added 06/14/03 at 20:26...

    new text here

I plan to use the above feature, from anywhere that I have email access,
to keep a daily journal of everything that I accomplish throughout the
day.

2nd example...

Previously, if I attempted to create a page named Linux.FireWalls, and
I'd already created such a page, the new page would be named
Linux.FireWalls-20030614-202759 (for example), and I'd have to manually
merge the pages later.  Now, the new infomation is appended to the
existing page, with a date/time stamp.  This is MUCH easier to edit
later.

As usual, you can download the script at:

   http://wiki.hisword.net/wiki/Main/MakeWikiPage