[Pmwiki-users] problems with returns and paragraphs

Bernhard Weichel in pmwiki-users pmwiki-users at b-weichel.2in.de
Sat Jun 28 13:26:30 CDT 2003

Hi,

I implemented the following code in local.php

  $DoubleBrackets['/^.menu\\s+(.+)/e'] = "MkMenu('$1')";

  function MkMenu($number) {
      global $pagename;
      PrintFmt($pagename, "<div class='menulink'>");
      PrintText($pagename, "$number");
      PrintFmt($pagename,"</div>");
   return "<? ?>";

in order to support a markup

.menu Main/Homepage
.menu AboutMe/Homepage
.menu [[$Edit Edit]]
.menu [[mailto:hugo at nowhere.man Support]]

when I leave out the return value, I get unwanted paragraphs between the
menu entries.

This leads me to something I have in mind for some time.

PmWiki  treats two subsequent line feeds as a paragraph. But this is not the
case when
authoring a list. IMHO

* the list entry
and the first entry
* the second list entry
and the second entry

should render as one list

* the list entry and
  the first entry
* the second list entry and
  the second entry

* the list entry
and the first entry

* the second list entry
and the second entry

might render as two lists with a paragraph in between:

* the list entry and
  the first entry
* the second list entry and
  the second entry