[Pmwiki-users] Macroned vowels

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 1 17:20:32 CDT 2003

On 2 May 2003, John Rankin wrote:

> I have a requirement to support long vowels as used in te reo Maori.
> Would it be possible to change the inline replacements that looks for
> HTML entities to include '#?' at the start. Then people can type
> Ā to get Amacron, ā to get amacron and so on. I have
> tested it and it works. (Those of us running Mac OS X just use the
> Hawaiian keyboard :)

Sorry, you're too late.  :-)  I already added numbered entity support in
pmwiki-0.4.22. Rather than add the #? at the start, I just changed it

I should probably change it to include hexadecimal numbered entities--but
I'll wait and do that another time.  There's some reason why I decided
against just putting '#?' at the start, but I forget what it is now...