[Pmwiki-users] Proposal for some extension of the syntax

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 22 17:48:38 CDT 2003

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 10:08:45PM +0200, laurent.riesterer at americas.bnpparibas.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have played a little with PmWiki and I find it very good. I have coded two small changes I am exposing below.
>
> A new syntax (following the one already existing) to allow use of style with tables:
>
> ||cellpadding=3 %border%
> |||Header ||||
> ||cell 1 ||cell 2||
> ||cell 3 ||cell 4||

> |||Header ||||
> ||cell 1 ||cell 2||
> ||cell 3 ||cell 4||

I'm not sure I understand exactly what this does.  Is this simply enabling
WikiStyles within the <table> tag?

> New convenient way to output code when using the Wiki to share sample of code
> (and can be customized in the CSS under '.code')
>
> [:
> for(i=0; i<10; i++) {
>       Object& o = objects[i];
>       // do something
> }
> :]

An upcoming version of pmwiki.php will likely make it possible for this to
be added as a local customization rather than requiring a specific
modification to pmwiki.php.  I prefer to add features as local customizations
as possible, as it preserves and extends a lot of PmWiki's flexibility.

Thanks for the contributions!