[Pmwiki-users] "Undefined index: host" error when creating new pages.

Elindal elindal
Tue Sep 9 18:55:27 CDT 2003

Ever since upgrading from 0.5.17 to 0.5.23 and not 0.5.24 I have been having a problem when anyone goes to a page that is not yet defined.

At the top of the page the following error is printed
"Warning: Undefined index: host in /home/elindal/HTML/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 860"

This seems to be in relation to something failing to be set with the line
$page['host'] = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REMOTE_ADDR'];

but I have checked using phpinfo(); and the $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REMOTE_ADDR'] is being given correctly, the page just errors.

This is only happening on this one box, as I can see other people have upgraded without the problem.
I would think it was server related, but it did not happen until a version upgrade was done.

I have tried removing the local.php file to make sure it was nothing that I had added with other scripts from the CookBook or any customisations, but it still happened.

 Has anyone else seen this?

Any ideas on what is causing it and how to fix?

Richard Canning