[Pmwiki-users] Local customization markup generator

Niall Durham niall_durham
Thu Sep 11 15:47:08 CDT 2003

Hello, all.

I've just finished my third approach towards PmWiki
template/skin/shell generation.  Its an online script that parses a
HTML document and cuts it at the proper places (I believe) to
generate a local customization PHP file with the appropriate page
markup variables (e.g., $HTMLDoctypeFmt, $HTMLTitleFmt,
$PageHeaderFmt, etc.).

You have to add at least one piece of code to the HTML for it to work
properly, a comment that denotes where the PmWiki page body is to be
inserted into the page:

    <!-- pmwiki body -->

Other than that, if you have a HTML document with the appropriate

In case anyone else might find this useful, here's a link to the
script:

    http://code.webprose.cc

I've tested it a bit, and we're using it, but it may still have
issues.  Oh, it will only properly handle HTML right now.  Any SSI or
PHP code sequences will need to be replaced by hand.

Later,

Niall