[Pmwiki-users] Improvements

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Sep 22 08:09:29 CDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 01:20:51PM +0200, D. Deuter wrote:

> Pmwiki seems to be the best PHP wiki available!!!

Thanks!

> -) Shouldn't the local.php be included _after_
> stdconfig to overrule the standard settings with the
> personal ones (p.e. search forces me to use an icon
> and own header, I already disabled with my local.php)?

Not at all.  First, most of the scripts included in stdconfig only
set values for variables that haven't already been set by local.php.
Second, you can always get the behavior you've just described by
doing include_once("scripts/stdconfig.php") in the beginning or
middle of local.php.  Or, you can just include the search.php script
at the beginning of local.php and then make whatever changes you want.

> -) AllRecentChanges/Uploads shouldn't be visible to
> world by default!

Well, this is really a matter of preference and philosophy.  In general,
PmWiki takes the wiki-standard approach that all things are open (e.g.,
pages are editable/readable by anyone) and it's up to the admin to
decide what should be closed/restricted.

> I created some logout function for htaccess (needs
> to be called for each realm that was used within the
> session) - useful for places where you just can't
> close the browser to clear its password cache: [...]
> I put it in my local.php, but maybe it is interesting
> enough to include it in the script directory (I hold
> no copyright on that function).

You could also add it to the Cookbook--it may be a useful
cookbook script.