[Pmwiki-users] Fwd: about the makeWikiPage script...

Tom Hoover l-pmwiki-users
Sat Sep 27 09:59:53 CDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 09:44:44AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 10:58:40AM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> >
> > Alternatively, I was wondering if PmWiki might not be able to run a
> > script that grabs text files created by a procmail recipe in a special
> > folder:
> >   [...steps omitted for brevity...]
> > This helps preserve recent changes, all recent changes, etc. in the
> > wiki...otherwise the new pages created are entirely orphaned.
>
> This is a good idea--and should be easy to add as a module or cookbook
> item.  I'll see about writing something to do this.

If you write this, may I suggest that in the event of a duplicate
filename that the text file be appended to the existing page, rather
than replacing the existing text.  This would prevent the need to go to
"Page Revisions" to review/restore the original text.