[Pmwiki-users] passing variables between programs

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Apr 1 12:00:28 CST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:43:37AM +0200, Jean-Claude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For one of my Wikis, before the users can access PmWiki, they have to go
> through an authentification program in php (phpSecurePages).
> Unfortunately, I didn't succeed in keeping variables from the first
> program to be reused in PwWiki.
> Is there a way to prevent some variables being flushed out in the hand-over?

Depends on what you mean by "variables being flushed out", and how
phpSecurePages is storing its variables.  If it's using PHP sessions, then
there shouldn't be any real problem--you just have to restart the
same session in pmwiki.php to get access to the variables (via
the $_SESSION variable).

If you're expecting the variables to show up as globals (i.e.,
"register_globals = on"), then for security reasons PmWiki explicitly
disables such variables by default.  Just look them up in $_SESSION
(or, if you're really desperate, reimport them back into the global
scope).