[Pmwiki-users] Free Links {{GroupName/ vs. {{Group Name/

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sat Apr 3 23:32:04 CST 2004

> >    And  I'm  having  a hard to thinking of what to tell authors when
they
> >    try  to create a free-link like:  {{My Group/Anything}} and it
doesn't
> >    work.
> >    Remind me again why this doesn't work?

> Two answers:

> 1.  ... So, spaces aren't included in the group name
> only because of a lack of time to update $FreeLinkPattern

Phew .. ok.  I'm happy to hear that.  I thought it might be a technical
issue.  I eagerly await for this consistency to be added in future release.

> 2.  Because of the slash, {{My Group/something}} will appear exactly
> the same as {{MyGroup/something}} (i.e., it's displayed as "something"),
> so there's not much point to allowing the space.

I have to disagree with you there.  If you happen to have a wiki with ONLY
use {{Free Links}}, then you will be telling your users they must not put a
spaces in the GroupNames (when they are editing pages).  Even if you allow
mixed {{Free Links}} and WikiWords, it's still confusing, as the behaviour
is not what {{Free Links}} are all about.

> Eventually free links will probably evolve to allow spaces in group
> names, but only after I have time to properly test and evaluate it
> within a larger context.

Thanks for the info.

Is there any "magical one-liner" (even if it's untested) that I can use in
my config.php to get me started?

Thanks Pm.

-S