[Pmwiki-users] Easily Hackable?

Nils Knappmeier nk
Mon Apr 5 02:15:58 CDT 2004

Eric Celeste wrote:

>In fact, the more I think about this, the less the concept of groups vs.
>pages is helpful. Why not just treat any leaf of the tree as a page, any

Simplicity. For me Groups/Pages are completely sufficient. Does anybody
of you really need something more sophisticated?
If these are just thoughts about how to make PmWiki making better...
Well, unless someone here has a problem that can't be solved an easier
why we should not try to make PmWiki more complicated. Because:

1) It contradicts PmWikiPhilsophy #3 (/Avoid gratuitous features (or
"creeping featurism"))/

Well. That kinda surrounds it. I remember that this discussion was
started for a completely different topic, so the last postings seem to
be about something that "might be useful". If you have a problem that
you think you can't solve another way, you should rather post it and
maybe we (or PM ;-)) can find another solution.

A group hierarchie seems like something to me that gives you a lot of
other problems when you think about in a little more detail.

Nils