[Pmwiki-users] Hack Request or Permissions Help

Robin Sheat robin
Thu Apr 8 09:30:36 CDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 09:17:50PM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:
> I'd be interested in a hack / add-on that loosen's the current PmWiki
> security settings for read/write access to the wiki.d directory.  Either
> before, during or after the initial installation.  See my reasons for this
> (below).
You are better off learning how UNIX permissions work. Then you can
loosen the permissions yourself, upload the files, and put the
permissions back how they were. That said, on my install, the wiki.d dir
is drwxrwsr-x nobody:32483, which is fairly permissive (also, the group
is a non-existant group, but I think that is a result of when I first
installed it from the tarball, and I haven't had a need to fix it.)

My server is my own machine, so I don't always put a lot of effort into
making the permissions correct, which I would do if it was shared.

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663