[Pmwiki-users] Brainstorm (Page Locks)

Steven Leite steven_leite
Thu Apr 8 12:04:54 CDT 2004

I forgot to mention one other thing .. my other post entitled:  Brainstorm
(Chat) was inspired by this Page Lock discussion.  I was envisioning trying
to edit a page, and getting an error message saying:

"Sorry, you can't edit this page right now.  User:  [[Pm]] is currently
editing this document.  Try again after x minutes, or click here to send
[[Pm]] a message".

Clicking on the message/chat feature would send a "note" to the $Author of
that page.  So I could send a message to the $Author like:

"Hey .. how much longer you gonna be .. I got some stuff to add also!"

Upon which, the next time $Author clicks Preview button, they would see the
message, notifying them that other people also are trying to edit that page.

Cool eh?  :-)

I think it's a classic example of "on-line collaboration", and not "on-line
chaos creation" that would ensue if overwriting anyones edits at anytime was
allowed.

-S