[Pmwiki-users] CSS Layouts not working in Mozilla/Netscape

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Apr 16 12:18:58 CDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:54:15AM -0400, Monte Padget wrote:
>    I  have  only unpacked the pmwiki-latest.tgz into a directory under my
>    home directory called wiki.
>    Without changing anything, IE looks as expected, Firefox doesn't.
>    From the generated html, I am getting:
>    <link rel='stylesheet' href='http://mspadg/wiki/pub/css/stdlayout.css'
>    type='text/css' />
>    <link rel='stylesheet'
>    href='http://mspadg/wiki/pub/skins/pmwiki/pmwiki.css'  type='text/css'
>    />
>    which  is  where the files are located. <mspadg> is the Home directory
>    setting in Apache.

Firefox and other browsers are undoubtedly being confused by the references
that begin  'http://mspadg/wiki...', because 'mspadg' doesn't look like
a normal server name, or it's not being resolved properly using DNS.

You didn't answer the last question in my first email... but I'm
deducing that the URL you're using to access PmWiki is something
like 'http://mspadg/wiki/pmwiki.php'?

What exactly do you mean when you say <mspadg> is the Home directory
setting in Apache--are you meaning that it's the setting for
DocumentRoot, UserDir, or ...?

Pm