[Pmwiki-users] Re: [Q] ?pagename=Main/WikiSandbox vs. /Main/WikiSandbox

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Apr 17 06:53:11 CDT 2004

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, John Feezell wrote:

> I'm trying to understand the difference between these two ways of
> addressing pages in PmWiki.
>
> In particular, what http (GET), php, or PmWiki variable, or combinations
> of them, needs to be set to cause /Main/WikiSandbox to be understood by
> PmWiki as if ?pagename=Main/WikiSandbox had been entered in the URI?

The webserver is involved somehow... AFAIK, ?pagename=... always works and
/Main/WikiSandbox needs some setting in the webserver. As an example,

	http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiSandbox

works, but for my personal pages at the same site I have to use
?pagname=...

	http://www.lyx.org/~chr/demo/pmwiki.php?pagename=Main.HomePage

so the difference is in how the webserver is configured (this is different
for the domain wiki.lyx.org v.s. www.lyx.org)

I hope this helped a little bit...

/Christian