[Pmwiki-users] [Q] ?pagename=Main/WikiSandbox vs./Main/WikiSandbox

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sat Apr 17 09:07:54 CDT 2004

> ... many webserver/PHP environments that cannot process PATH_INFO
> information for a PHP script can still do so for bash or Perl CGI scripts.
> In these cases it's often possible to write a short wrapper script
> in bash or Perl that correctly sets the environment variables and calls
> the PHP interpreter directly.  This approach often has some other
> advantages, such as getting around safe_mode restrictions and allowing
> PmWiki's files to be owned by the account holder instead of the webserver
> (a discussion for another lengthy message).

Patrick, thanks for a most excellent description/explanation of the URI
problems.  That one is definately going in my "keepers" folder.  I wait in
anticipation for your next "lengthy message" regarding wrapper scripts.

Thanks,

- S