[Pmwiki-users] must be very simple

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Apr 17 10:33:31 CDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 11:36:15AM -0400, benoit wrote:
> hi to all i am still working on the big wiki project and should have
> interssting stuff to post in the comming week. today a user ask me how to
> do underline in pmwiki and i have looked but cannot find the answer so. Is
> there a underline command ?

Not by default, because there's not wide agreement about the markup
that should be used for it.

It can be done with WikiStyles:

   This is %text-decoration:underline% underlined text %% and this is not.

Of course, nobody wants to write out "text-decoration:underline", so
it's good to use a shortcut such as %u%:

   %text-decoration:underline define=u%
   This is %u% underlined text %% and this is not.

You can permanently define the %u% style by adding the following to
config.php:

    $WikiStyle['u']['text-decoration'] = 'underline';

Or, if you want to enable an __underline__ markup, you can try:

    $InlineReplacements['/__(.*?)__/'] = '<u>$1</u>';