[Pmwiki-users] Structure of complex cookbook modules

Nils Knappmeier nk
Thu Apr 22 09:03:43 CDT 2004

Hi,

I also put this on http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/ComplexRecipes
I'd like to discuss this topic so facilitate the installation of modules
in PmWiki.

-------------------
I just tried to install the WikiCalendar
<http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/WikiCalendar> somewhere and I
noted how complex that is. Moreover, the recipe seems to expect some of
the files to be copied to the scripts/-Directory, which is certainly not
good. So I'm proposing this to facilitate the installation of complex
scripts:

  Structure

   1. If your cookbook recipes contains more than one file, put all the
      php-files in a subfolder of local/ named after the name of you recipe
   2. Put all the public files into a subfolder into a sub-folder of
      pub/. /Make the module so that it works with the files at these
      positions, it's too complicated to move each file around./
   3. Create the tarball such that when the user extracts it into the
      main PmWiki
      <http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/PmWiki>-Directory, all the
      files automatically go into the right places.

The main goal of that is:

   1. To have an installation that just consists of one |tar -xvzf
      module.tar.gz| and some modifications of config.php
   2. To have everything clean and ordered, every module in it's own
      subdirectory.

  Installation instructions

   1. Put the whole instructions on the wiki page, so it can be
      corrected easily by other people.