[Pmwiki-users] Dev Q: Need(?) more SubGroups

Steven Leite steven_leite
Wed Apr 28 08:53:00 CDT 2004

Okay .. I just came to the conclusion that I really really need more subgroups.  :)

I am currently using a single wiki for about 3 different topics.  But I want to have a Calendar in each topic.  Since the calendar script needs it's own group (otherwise GroupHeader plays havoc with the entire site), I'm thinking it wouled be really nice to have Main/Group1/Calendar, Main/Group2/Calendar, etc ..

Either that .. or a soon-to-be-ready, multi-wiki-farm .. in a sense, that would accomplish the same thing.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

So far, only thing I can think of is:

Main/Group1
Main/Group1Calendar
Main/Group2
Main/Group2Calendar
Main/Group3
Main/Group3Calendar

But now I have six groups instead of 3, and it might get a bit messy for navigation. :(

I know having more than one "/" in a group name poses some problems.

Is there any way you might consider re-working / re-writing that part so future (2.0+) versions of PmWiki will support unlimited subgroups?  I think it's simple enough (?).

-S