[Pmwiki-users] Re: Restrict page searches by date

Ted Stern stern+wiki
Wed Apr 28 11:11:25 CDT 2004

On 27 Apr 2004 at 19:42 PDT, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> This sounds like a great option to add -- I'll see about adding
> it to the default search.  Indeed, it might be worthwhile to see
> about adding sort-by-date options to the search and search markup/
> search results tags.  This would then make it possible to provide
> alternate views of the RecentChanges on a site (i.e., show me pages
> changed within the past two days, sorted by date of change).

Wandering off subject, slightly -- Is there any way to adjust the search
result format to show the actual line found?

For example, I've been encouraging people to mark their questions using

    Q:[[#Q1 Q1]]: What can I do to make X work?

But there could be 50 questions on a page.  It would be very useful to see the
exact questions that have changed most recently, not just the pages on which
they occur.

--
 Ted Stern                                 Applications Group
 Cray Inc.                               office: 206-701-2182

 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break that I may reveal
 (The Paleontological Society motto, equally apropos for debugging)