[Pmwiki-users] Dev Q: Need(?) more SubGroups

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Apr 28 15:28:08 CDT 2004

On Friday, 30 April 2004 2:02 PM, Steven Leite <steven_leite at kitimat.net> wrote:

>Okay .. I just came to the conclusion that I really really need more subgroups.? :)
>?
>I am currently using a single wiki for about 3 different
>topics.? But I want to have a Calendar in each topic.? Since
>the calendar script needs it's own group (otherwise GroupHeader
>plays havoc with the entire site), I'm thinking it wouled be
>really nice to have Main/Group1/Calendar, Main/Group2/Calendar, etc ..
>?
>Either that .. or a soon-to-be-ready, multi-wiki-farm .. in a
>sense, that would accomplish the same thing.
>?
The wikifarm add-in is just about ready for release. You'd create a "field"
for all your calendars, and you might have a special field-wide template
to set up the calendar views automatically for a new calendar group.

Or, each topic becomes a field, and each field has its own calendar. And
if you give the calendar group the same name in each field, you can have
the same template or style sheet everywhere. Or not, if you prefer.

Watch this space. I'd kinda like /one/ volunteer to test the release first.
We have 3 working installations and I'm about to test an install on a
plain, out of the box, pmwiki. Then it'll be ready.
--
JR