[Pmwiki-users] [directive]=>[value] syntax idea

J. Meijer commentgg
Wed Aug 4 16:08:08 CDT 2004

As an alternative to the [:directive:] syntax the [directive] syntax passed by. I'm using it. But sometimes I want to be more flexible, in some cases I might not even know the directive up front. So I stumbled over this format:

  [property]=>[value]

Of course all kinds of variations are be possible. Some obvious:
  [property]->[value]
  [property]=[value]
  [property]:=[value]

When better delimiting is required

  [:property:]=>[:value:]

could be used. This would be syntactic sugar.

The direction of the arrow seems appropriate for a directive: the wiki should internally copy the association.

Please add to the pool of options ;-)

-jan