[Pmwiki-users] Several Questions from newbie

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Aug 10 06:45:05 CDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:06:08PM -0400, Weirong Zhu wrote:

> 2. How to scale a image due to percentage?
> In the documents: you can use %height=50%img link%% to scale the
> image. The number 50 is the number of pixels. But I think use the
> number of pixels is not a good idea. Is that possible to use
> percentage? I have tried, but it seems does not work.  Any idea for
> this?

There's not presently a way to scale images by percentage, for a
variety of reasons.  The problem is that the suffix used to indicate
percentage is also the character used to mark the end of the WikiStyle (%),
and CSS doesn't provide any other way to indicate percentages.

In PmWiki 2.0 the WikiStyles code will be able to properly parse
percentages with a little help, but I'm not sure what to do for 1.0.