[Pmwiki-users] Another quirk I just found

Ciaran ciaranj
Tue Aug 17 08:38:37 CDT 2004

Could you not just use str_replace replacing all strings which are " "
with empty strings "" ?      in regex terms I think  its something
like s/ //  but I'm totally new to regex so I'm probably wrong ;)
- ciara

http://www.phpbuilder.com/manual/function.str-replace.php

----- Original Message -----
From: Chad Lupkes <chadlupkes at earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:14:14 -0700
Subject: [Pmwiki-users] Another quirk I just found
To: "Pmwiki-Users at Pmichaud. Com" <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>

I know this is going to be an easy fix, but I'm not sure how to do it.
 I'm not familiar enough with Regular Expressions.

I have the following command in a dynamic file:

echo ("<p class=\"narrow\" align=\"center\">Are we missing something
important?  Do you know something about this county that you wish to
share?<br><a href=\"http://www.democracyforwashington.com/pmwiki-1.0.5/pmwiki.php?pagename=Main.".$countyname."County\">Add
it to the ".$countyname." County Wiki page!</a></p>");

This works great, except when the county name has a space in it, like
"Grays Harbor".  I think the space is what makes it fail.  What can I
do to take that space out?  The data is pulling from an array, called
by:

$countyname = $county[$filename-1][name];

Any ideas?

Here is the County Map page:

http://www.democracyforwashington.com/reps/countymap.php

And each of the resulting pages has a link to the wiki on the bottom.
If you go to Grays Harbor or Pend Orielle, you can see the problem.

Chad Lupkes

chadlupkes at earthlink.net

http://www.democracyforwashington.com

PCO SEA-46-2324

206-440-1592

We are the ones that we have been waiting for.

A society of sheep will soon beget a government of wolves.

In a democracy, agreement is not essential; participation is.

- Ciaran
http://www.wombatinvasion.com/ (Share the love)