[Pmwiki-users] Cannot acquire lockfile

Simon s-i-m-o-n
Thu Dec 2 00:57:09 CST 2004

I have installed PmWiki2 once successfully on a hosted site,
and was trying the second time for another site on the same host.
Despite following (what I think are the same steps) I get

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1103 is not allowed to access
wiki.d/.flock owned by uid 33 in /home/caving/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 302

Warning: fopen("wiki.d/.flock", "w") - No such file or directory in
/home/caving/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 302
PmWiki can't process your request

Cannot acquire lockfile

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

[I note that PmWiki2 seems to have list the Safe Mode and Lockfile trouble shooting pages]

I have the ability to "chmod 2777 ." the pmwiki directory.

When I delete the wiki.d directory (or do a fresh install)
PmWiki comes up, and the wiki.d directory is created with .flock inside it.
But as soom as I then try something else (eg visit recent changes or edit a page)
all I get is the error message.

I'd really appreciate some suggestions as to where to go next

tia