[Pmwiki-users] Searchbox conversion to Pmwiki2
Tue Dec 7 14:22:44 CST 2004
On Wednesday, 8 December 2004 12:52 AM, Hans Bracker <design at flutesong.net> wrote:
>I like how the searchbox works here on John Rankin's site:
>It uses good english, for instance:
>Results of searching ?Main? group for ?needle?.
>Results of searching all groups for ?needle?.
>John can the code be made available?
Well it's a bit of a work in progress. It currently includes:
- jumpbox from PmWiki 1 (enter an existing page and it jumps there)
- insert the current group in the search box (copied from LyX wiki)
- an action=search that displays the results in the current page,
including a SearchQuickReference page (in other words, it behaves
like Edit Page)
- publish selected search result pages in printable form (a PDF
option is planned) -- requires the publish wiki trail recipe
- change the search box to 'Searching Wiki' on the results page
And yes, I'll tidy it up and add it to the cookbook if people
think that would be useful.
I am in 2 minds about putting back the action=search; in
some ways this is missing out on the opportunities PmWiki 2
enables. OTOH, there are arguments for search results
not taking a searcher to a page in a different group.
In general, I think one ought to stick to the PmWiki way,
unless one has very good reasons not to do so. Which is a
roundabout way of saying that I'm not sure I recommend the
approach I have taken to others. :)
>Great styling too!
More information about the pmwiki-users