[Pmwiki-users] More on (:include:) syntax

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Dec 7 23:17:08 CST 2004

Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to have it that someone wrote
that they needed to be able to include arbitrary lines from a file--
i.e., equivalent to PmWiki V1's  [[include PageName#5#10]] markup.

Since I now can't seem to find the original message anywhere in my
archives or the like to be able to properly respond to it, I'll
just broadcast the answer to the list and hope it gets to whoever
asked the original question...

In PmWiki 2, one can specify a range of lines to be used in the
(:include:) directive, thus:

   (:include SomePage :)                  - include all of SomePage
   (:include SomePage lines=10 :)         - include lines 1-10 of SomePage
   (:include SomePage lines=1..10 :)      - include lines 1-10 of SomePage
   (:include SomePage lines=6..10 :)      - include lines 6-10 of SomePage
   (:include SomePage lines=6.. :)        - include lines 6 to end of SomePage
   (:include SomePage lines=6..6:)        - include only line 6 of SomePage