[Pmwiki-users] how can I change the page author attribution?

Neil Herber nospam
Wed Dec 8 12:16:35 CST 2004

--- I asked this yesterday --- perhaps it got lost in the  shuffle ---

Of course all of my users are highly intelligent and creative individuals.
How else can I explain the fact that one of them uses a different author
name every time he posts? Is there any way that I can do a global change so
that the attribution lines that appear on history pages can use his correct
name?

So for example:
December 03, 2004, at 01:10 AM by Chuck
December 03, 2004, at 01:10 AM by Chuck E
December 03, 2004, at 01:10 AM by Chucko

Should all be:
December 03, 2004, at 01:10 AM by Charles

Last names have been withheld to protect the guilty. I realize that the
instance I am quoting here would require 3 changes, but typically someone
has just used a variation of their name and I would like to coerce the
variant to one name.

In a related question, is it possible to add an IP number to the
attribution? As in:
December 03, 2004, at 01:10 AM by Charles at 192.168.0.100
I suspect the technique would be similar to the Cookbook-V1 recipe
"AboutVandalism", but my PHP expertise is not up to the voodoo it performs.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668