[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.beta7 released

Ciaran ciaranj
Wed Dec 8 12:19:42 CST 2004

Ahh but you forget PmWikiPhilosophy #5 :) Keep installation easy <g>.
Its possible the main factor that took me to PmWiki.  I actually found
TWiki to be more feature-complete at the time, but getting it running
in a variety of environments was a royal pain <g>
- Ciran

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:22:02 -0500, Neil Herber <nospam at mail.eton.ca> wrote:
> At 2004-12-08  10:06 AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> > > How does an .htaccess file get into wiki.d/? The tarball does not have a
> > > wiki.d/  directory (as expected). Is this a scripted action or just a typo?
> >
> >Scripted.  Unlike the local/ directory, PmWiki *does* expect to be able
> >to write things into wiki.d/ and so it creates a default wiki.d/.htaccess
> >file if one doesn't exist.  This is to prevent people from doing things
> >like
> >
> >    http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/wiki.d/Main.Sandbox
> >
> >and viewing the contents of the wiki.d files directly.
>
> Patrick
>
> I presume the scripting only takes place on initial installs, because my
> wiki.d/ is completely free of .htaccess, and I have upgraded to 2.0beta7.
>
> Given the potential variety of platforms that PmWiki can run on, an
> installer is a far-away dream and I would rather see your limited resources
> concentrated on PmWiki proper. The installation description could be
> improved by adding in alternative platforms. So for example:
> InstallingOnLinux, InstallingOnWindows, etc. I can contribute content to a
> Windows page.
>
> Neil
>
> Neil Herber
> Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
> Eton Systems, 15 Pinepoint Drive, Nepean, ON, Canada K2H 6B1
> Tel: (613) 829-4668
>

> --

- Ciaran