[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: local htaccess

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Dec 10 07:38:30 CST 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 03:10:32PM +0100, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >>Maybe pmwiki could write the suggested commands to a logfile, or a special
> >>wiki page?
> >
> >Hmm, writing such messages to a wiki page might be very useful, especially
> >if they then showed up in recent changes.  OTOH, it might not be good
> >for others to be able to log messages from PmWiki indicating where the
> >currently open directories are.
>
> Maybe via a message saying "Directory blah is currently open for
> reading". Possibly on a password-protected "server status" page (which
> could take up all the other administrative stuff).

Actually, I think that having a (password-protected) diagnostic utility
that analyzes the current installation and suggests changes would be
more robust and helpful than a logfile here, not to mention easier
to implement.  And it's an optional feature, meaning that the code
doesn't have to be loaded if/when it's not being used.