[Pmwiki-users] Re: Plugin/listener model

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Dec 10 10:20:42 CST 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 05:20:53PM +0100, Patrick Schwarz wrote:

> >PmWiki already has a plugin concept -- all of the scripts and recipes
> >that are at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook are examples of
> >plugins.  They're hardly "hacks" -- some of them are fairly
> >sophisticated...
>
> I already knew those plugin concept and find it is simple and effective,
> but I was somehow focused on a listener concept and did not knew about
> the $AuthFunction.
> Besides that a listener concept would be anymore flexible in my opinion.
> Only out of curiosity it would interest me if such a system is planned
> for the future?

Not at present -- as important as flexibility is, keeping the whole
system at least somewhat accessible to people who may not have a lot of
programming experience, which pushes for "simple + straightforward"
approaches.