[Pmwiki-users] PmWikiDraw uploads problem

Ciaran ciaranj
Sun Dec 12 04:31:10 CST 2004

Hi, You definately need to sort out the general uploading issue before
even looking at why PmWikiDraw might be failing.  If you can get
uploads working without issue then I can relatively easily debug any
PmWikiDraw faults with you :)

I've seen this error in the past, and I can't remember what was
causing it for me,
vague recollections about temporary directories not existing or something :(

Sorry I can't be much more help :(
- Ciaran

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:29:17 +0000, Val Sharp <val at valsharp.co.uk> wrote:
> Using PmWikiDraw is the first time the use of uploads has been
> required on my site.
>
> Everything's fine until I try to save the drawing - I have the default
> uploads password set to the same as the other default passwords, but
> it is not recognised - I get three tries and then it gives up.
>
> So instead of PmWikiDraw, I tried a simple upload of an attachment -
> when propmted for the password I also see:
>
>    "Warning: Unknown(): The session id contains invalid characters,
> valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in Unknown on line 0
>
>    "Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please
> verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp)
> in Unknown on line 0"
>
> However, it seems to accept the password, because I the see the upload
> page. But when I try to upload the file, I'm prompted for the password
> again, with the same warning messages ... when I enter the password,
> I'm returned to the main pmwiki.php page, and the upload has not happened.
>
> (I have uploads enabled, and I manually created uploads directory.)
>
> The PmWikiDraw problem and the general uploads problem may not be
> related, but it seems more than a coincidence that both seem to be
> having problems at the password stage.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Val