[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: ?pagename= addresses

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Dec 12 21:51:05 CST 2004

On Monday, 13 December 2004 4:26 PM, John Feezell <JohnFeezell at 3wplace.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:29:35 +0100, <chr at home.se> wrote:
>
>> On 13 Dec 2004, John Rankin wrote:

>>> seen

>> 	?page=		page			3.5  (too long)
>> 	?pagename=	page name		2
>> 	?d=		destination		3.5

>> I think 'pagename' is both too long and confusing as to what it actually
>> means (the whole 'group name' v.s. 'page name' v.s. ... discussion).
>>
>>> Some of us prefer to avoid language associated with violence, such as
>>> 'target'.
>>> Hopelessly politically correct...
>>
>> I added '?d=' just for you!
>>
>> /C
>>

>Well for the "hopelessly politically correct..." how about another
>idea related closely to "target"?
>
>      ?l=         locate
>
>   that means to "find by searching or examining."
>
>/JF

In combination with a breakpage request, either one of

   pmwiki.php?p=Group.Page&n=3
   pmwiki.php?n=Group.Page&p=3
   pmwiki.php?fn=Group.Page&p=3

works for me (where fn is full name or even find name)

But I think name (n) xxx page (p) k is slightly more natural
than page (p) xxx number (n) k

After much discussion a while ago, we ended up with $FullName for the
group-qualified name. So using fn makes sense to me. For this reason,
I'd give a for address a low score.

--
JR