[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: PmWikiDraw - New Version (2.2B)

Ciaran ciaranj
Mon Dec 13 02:46:46 CST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:26:22 +0100, chr at home.se <chr at home.se> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Ciaran wrote:
>

> > > on my windows system performance is quite ok. I'm using firefox 1.0 (I don't
> > > know if I got a JIT-Compiler option on by default like in MSIE, CPU ca 1,8 GHz
> > > and 256 MB RAM running several services in the background (like apache, mysql
> > > etc) (the worst case installation I hvae to use, there are better systems as well)
> > > and "HQM" on.
> > I've tested on machines ~700Mhz and they don't seem to have any
> > performance issues, but I've had this reported twice now, so its
> > obviously an issue.  I wonder just how complex the drawings being
> > modified are? Mine are usually in the tens of objects not the
> > hundreds....
>
> I've hardly done any editing so far, it's the startup time that's
> annoying.. first time it's 36 seconds for opening a small drawing (2
> objects) on my poor 300 MHz laptop. The second time it is 10 seconds.
>

> /Christian
>
> --
> Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr
>
> --

I've not tested down to 300Mhz, I can imagine it is rather slow on that!

I'm afraid there's nothing I can really do to improve those times :(
The very first time it has to download the whole application, but
after that its a case of initialising the Java VM each time :(
*Theoretically* I could get it compiling to native code, but thats a
mini-project in itself I'm afraid.  If you want to give it a bash,
I'll happily help you in any way I can, but at the minute my time is
quite stretched!

On an unrelated note, would you be interested in creating the Swedish?
(Se==sweden?)  language file so your users can have PmWikiDraw in
their native language?

Thanks
- ciaran