[Pmwiki-users] PmWikiDraw and multiple editors?

Ciaran ciaranj
Thu Dec 16 02:36:04 CST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:15:54 +0100 (CET), chr at home.se <chr at home.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Ciaran wrote:
>
> > As in the original PmWiki Last person to save wins the day :).
> > *However* there is version control in the very near future, which
> > would allow you to rollback the changes.
> >
> > I did look at the possibility of merging previously and its just *too*
> > difficult :(
>
> Yes, I can understand that... but if it's meant to be a collaborative
> tool it will at least need a locking mechanims.
>
> /Christian
>
> --
> Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr

How exactly would you suggest this is implemented, bearing in mind the
fact that you can never tell when a user has finished drawing.  Their
web client may have crashed, or they may have just changed pages and
not exited correctly ?   Whatever I come up with ends up breaking the
system in some way, i.e. locking everyone out for x hours etc :)

--
- Ciaran