[Pmwiki-users] spam attack

Frieder Hirsch f.hirsch
Tue Dec 21 19:39:54 CST 2004

Hi Eric and pmwiki-community,
we - the german linux-user group of Dortmund -  have the same problem with our
pmwiki-0.6 wiki.
Actually we discuss the following proposal to prevent wiki-SPAM (I actually
don?t remember who published this "public-password" idea the first time.):
1. All wiki-sites are protected by an edit-password
2. This password is published ( perhaps near by edit-command?), perhaps as a
picture.
I think that a "public-password" is not really restrictive and does not
prevent open and free communication.
An encrypted "public password", readable and usable for human beings, but not
simply readable und usable for robots and other unfree and anonymous private
Spammers, could help a bit.
As far as I know is it difficult for software skripts to read letters in form
of a "password.png" , not to say to edit a password-input field.

Have a nice day
frieder hirsch