[Pmwiki-users] Why track authors?

Nathan Jones nathanj
Sun Feb 1 18:19:29 CST 2004

John Feezell <JohnFeezell at 3wplace.com> wrote:
>Is it sufficient to know who was the last one to alter a page?

No; I'd like to be able to see who made each change (by looking at Page
Revisions). The simple system Pm first described sounds suitable - a box
to optionally enter your name.

I just want to mark changes as mine, so that if something looks odd, I
can see that the change was made by another person. I can probably
convince a few other people to enter their name when editing too. [1]

>What if someone used the Page History and then activated a restore.
>Should the "author" of such an action be required to identify him/her self?

At this stage (our wiki is just a small one for a company's internal
documentation and notes), I have no need to require that people identify
their changes. (But it should be an option.)

I'd imagine that those who wish to remove the ability to make anonymous
changes are also likely to want restore actions tracked.

--
Nathan Jones

[1] I say "a few other people", but there are barely that many using the
    wiki anyway. ;-)