[Pmwiki-users] Minor point about minor edits

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Wed Feb 4 07:38:50 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:32:12PM -0600, John Feezell wrote:
> In exploring the minor edit option I discovered the following:
>
> Edit a page and mark it as a minor edit and save the page. Open Page
> History and show the minor edit. Restore the minor edit and in the
> edit window the minor edit checkbox is not marked. Leave the checkbox
> unmarked and save the edit. Open Page History and the restored minor
> edit is no longer minor.
>
> It seems to me that the a minor edit should remain a minor edit during
> the restore action unless the minor checkbox is unchecked by the used.

But it's not the same edit!  When someone restores a page they are
simply replacing it's content with what it had at some point in the
past.  Any number of changes could have happened since then.  Would
you really want restoring a minor edit that was done 2 weeks ago to
still be considered minor today when it could possibly induce major
changes in page from the previous edit?

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff